- Roger Ebert - get well soon!
- Blade Runner - info about the long-awaited special edition DVD of my favourite movie, like, EVAR!
- RottenTomatoes - summarizes a wide variety of movie reviews to give a "tomatometer" rating from fresh to rotten.
Boox & Litratchoor
- Iain Banks - the author without whom the CultureList would never have been born, the CultureList without which I never would have met my husband. And Horza is not a git, Banksie even wrote it down for me as proof.
- Stuart MacBride - Scottish thriller/mystery/police procedural writer. Good writer and he keeps a wonderful blog.
- John Varley - science fiction, funny, weird, good stuff.
- Joyce Carol Oates on Mike Tyson - doesn't matter if you don't like boxing, this is a seriously fascinating and well-written article.
Fun & Weird
- The Adventures of Dr. McNinja - trust me.
- The Blog of Death - just what it says. It's a blog. Of death. Like a pie. With chips. For free!
- Lainey Gossip - the best gossip, you know you love it, even if you must read it in secret and take a shower afterward.
- MetaFilter - community weblog. If you haven't heard of it, how long have you been on the internets anyway, ya n00b?
- Anomalies Unlimited - all kinds of weird stuff. Worth a look.
- Outside Online's "Things That Go Bump In The Wild" - a collection of stories about true unsolved mysteries (as opposed to....?) and other Weird Stuff That Really Happened in the great outdoors.
- Snopes - debunks urban legends, kids dying of cancer whom you can save by forwarding this email to everyone you know, gangs who will kill you for flashing your lights at them, zOMG Swiffers kill dogs!...those things. Please, check Snopes BEFORE you forward those things to me. K thnx.
- Dr. Who: The Second Key - an episode of Dr. Who done completely with GI Joe action figures and home-made sets, surprisingly entertaining and well-done...no, really!
- Lisa and Earl - it's their wedding website and it's gorgeous now that Lisa FINALLY got it finished! (they're both fun AND weird)